Sunday, May 13, 2007

Blography STRATOVARIUS

In 1984 when STRATOVARIUS were founded, originally called Black Water, they were heavily influenced by Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne. One year later Timo Tolkki joined the band and even took over the vocals for some time. The band rehearsed and gigged extensively in Helsinki and made its first demo tape under this line up in 1987. It contained songs "Future Shock", 'Fright Night" and "Night Screamer". After two more singles were released, their debut album "Fright Night saw the light of day in May 1989. the following records "Twilight Time", "Dreamspace" and "Fourth Dimension" established the band worldwide and made STRATOVARIUS a trademark for classical influenced melodic metal. "Fourth dimension was released worldwide in March 1995 and its sales doubled those of "Dreamspace". "Destiny" continued the successful story of the band, and was followed by a best of album called "Chosen Ones". After this release STRATOVARIUS decided to sign with their new label, Nuclear Blast, where they released the fantastic track "Hunting High And Low". STRATOVARIUS became one of the biggest metal acts of our days; just returned with the new single "Eagleheart" and their excellent new album "Element Ptl."

FOREVER
I standalone in the darkness
the winter of my life came so fast
memories go back to childhood
to days I still recall.
Oh how happy I was then
there was no sorrow there was no pain
walking through the green fields
sunshine in my eyes.
Chorus:
I'm still there everywhere
I'm the dust in the wind
I'm the start in the northern sky
I never stayed anywhere
I'm the wind in the trees
Would you wait for me forever?
Follow: Special English

No comments: